Jeet Kune Do Open Level Classes in Aurora / Denver Colorado
These classes take the true teachings of Bruce Lee and his philosophy of Jeet Kune Do and pairs it with the highly effective Rapid Assault Tactics system developed by Paul Vunak for the Navy’s SEAL Team Six to help you become a well-rounded warrior prepared to deal with violence in any form.
You will learn to win any fight on your feet, on the ground, with and against weapons, and against multiple attackers.
When people ask what style I teach I tell them “all styles” and “no style”. The reality is that Jeet Kune Do is not a style but rather a philosophy that dictates that you do the best thing that you should do given your body, psychology, situation, etc. To that end we pull techniques, tactics and/or skills from a variety of martial arts styles but we leave the baggage of tradition, sport, and ego behind.
Some of the styles we pull from include but are not limited to:
- Navy SEAL Team 6 program (Rapid Assault Tactics or RAT)
- Jun Fan Kickboxing (also known as Original Jeet Kune Do)
- Jeet Kune Do Concepts
- Flinch Spear concepts
- Muay Thai
- Brazilian Jujitsu
- Filipino Kina Mutai (biting and eye gouging)
- Western boxing
- Filipino Dumog
- Wing Chun
- Krav Maga
- Combative hand gun training (SEAL & SWAT based)
A Typical Jeet Kune Do Class Includes:
- Dynamic Joint Mobility – For supple and injury-free joints
- Sports Vision Training – Quicker visual skills means quicker reflexes and proper decisions
- Rapid Assault Tactics – The Navy SEAL Team Six combat program
- Behavioral Combat Training – How you will react in a real situation, how they will react and how to take advantage of this
- Golden Goose – Endless supply of martial arts, we don’t care about styles but we will take anything from any style as long as it is the best choice for the scenario
- How To Cheat To Win – Literally all is fair in a real fight. Why play by rules?
- Edged & Blunt Weapons Training – From Filipino stick and knife drills to realistic full-speed prison-style assaults with a knife
- Gun Disarms – A no B.S. approach and what to do when there isn’t a disarm opportunity
- Basic Firearms Use – Great you did a disarm and have the gun, but what if it doesn’t shoot… do you know how to clear a jam?
- Brazilian Jujitsu meets Kina Mutai – 2 powerhouses unite to make you a deadly ground fighter in 1/10th the time it takes most people
- Judo, Systema & Wrestling Takedowns – If you have to take someone down might as well do what the best do
- Boxing & Thai Boxing Drills – Develop your “oh crap” range reflexes
- Defending the Sucker Punch – Not just defending it but seeing it before it happens. Your attacker will give you clues before they attack, you just need to learn how to observe these cues.
- Defend Wild Punches – Aggressive wild punches can be very scary and hard to deal with. Learn how to cope and counter with an iron-clad tactic.
- Trapping & Clenching Drills – Dominate in-close, overwhelm them with a constant assault that never lets up
- Multiple Attacker Combat – Yes you can defeat multiple attackers but it takes these tactics to win
- Power/Force Development Drills – How to build incredible rotational force with complete and total balance and agility
- Bruce Lee’s Footwork Drills – Have what seems like inhuman speed and be a master of distance
- “Circle of Doom” – Our tongue-in-cheek name for a drill we do that puts you in the middle, you have no idea what will happen and you are randomly attacked with or without a weapon. Don’t worry this is safe and we go at a speed that suits your current skill level.
- Use of Force Discussion – How to stay out of jail and get witnesses on your side
- Sensitivity & Trapping Drills – Develop amazing tactile sensitivity so that you can easily avoid grappler’s clenches, takedowns, traps, etc. Be able to fluidly transition from boxing range to clenching/trapping range while attacking relentlessly the entire time.
- Self-Defense Weapons – What to carry, how to carry, what to carry when weapons are illegal.
- Mind Set – Staying cool, calm and collected are keys to success of elite athletes, fighters and military operatives. If you lose your cool your training goes out the window.
- Much much more – We are always changing, growing, adding and taking away. Refinement and growth are core values at our school.
Who Should Join The Jeet Kune Do Class:
- Sheepdogs, protectors, warriors
- People interested in becoming the best reality-based combative martial artists they can be
- People turned off by tradition and seek truth in combat
- Respectful, moral, kind, just people who dislike bullies
Who Should NOT Join The Jeet Kune Do Class:
- People who are more interested in pretty techniques than winning a fight
- People looking for lots of tradition, belts, bowing and that sort of thing
- Jerks, douchebags, and people full of ego looking to hurt others (we do not tolerate this at all!)
What to Expect in the Jeet Kune Do Classes:
- Respectful cool people, everyone is on a first-name basis and you will get a chance to work with everyone including the instructor Brian
- Everyone is a coach. That means that when you are taking your turn as the attacker you speed up or slow down based on what your partner needs to be successful.
- I keep my class sizes small and cozy, very personable. 5 – 10 people is typical of a class.
- No shoes, socks are optional
- Dress in casual or exercise clothing
- Light sweating but this is not an exercise class. I do offer a kettlebell fitness class afterwards for those looking for fitness.
Look, I’ve been in your shoes before. Most people are a little hesitant to join a new martial arts gym for fear of looking stupid, humiliation, getting called out when you make mistakes, being the new person, maybe even getting injured or leaving with a black eye. Let me assure you that I have created the kind of school where those things do not happen. We are a warm, inviting place for beginner or advanced alike to find a home.
When are the Jeet Kune Do Classes:
- Wednesdays & Fridays @ 6:00pm till 7:30pm.
- Contact Brian for prices and payment options
Feel free to contact me with any questions about the Jeet Kune Do classes or any other service I offer